XEROSTOM with Saliactive® has demonstrated its effectiveness in caring for the mouth of cancer patients
XEROSTOM cares for and improves your quality of life
The use of the XEROSTOM oral care line significantly improved most of the symptoms and the limitation of quality of life of patients associated with cancer treatment.
The use of XEROSTOM improves the physical function, the social function, the psychological function and the pain of the patients.
- Decreases oral dryness
- Decreases pain associated with xerostomia
- It enhances sleep quality
- Protects against erosion
Martín M, Marín A, López M, Liñán O, Alvarenga F, Büchser D, Cerezo L. Products based on olive oil, betaine, and xylitol in the post-radiotherapy xerostomia. Rep Pract Oncol Radiother. 2017 Jan-Feb;22(1):71-76.
Tips for oral care in cancer patients
- Stay in touch with your oncologist and team. They know how to help you.
- Eat a healthy diet: eat fruits, vegetables, and grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy products. Do not overeat sugars.
- Tobacco or alcohol are not the best travel companions.
- Exercise and walk outdoors without getting tired. Movement generates feel-good endorphins, and exercise maintains your muscle strength, helping you feel better.
- Get together with family and friends, feeling loved is one of the best medicines.
- Cancer is no longer a taboo: talking about the disease helps to understand and accept it. In addition, there are many recovery and recovery success stories worth hearing.
- Be very rigorous with your oral hygiene. Use a mouth care line specifically formulated to protect the patient during their cancer treatment.
- Take care of your skin and protect it from the sun. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 every day. Also wear clothing that protects you from the sun and a wide-brimmed hat. Be even more careful if you take medications that can make you more sensitive to the sun.